The innovation of the Galaxy Note8’s design makes possible the 6.3″ Infinity Display. It’s the biggest ever for a Galaxy Note—giving you more screen for a bigger view and more space to use the S Pen. And it still fits comfortably in your hand because the symmetric curves and 18.5:9 aspect come together for a narrow body.
Even watching movies is simply more enjoyable with the Infinity Display’s 18.5:9 aspect ratio. In landscape mode, the Galaxy Note8 offers a 14% wider viewing area that makes for a richer, more immersive experience that pulls you in wherever you are.
The Galaxy Note8 is designed for you to use with ease and simplicity. The beautiful curves and seamless body are engineered to offer you a comfortable grip and more space for you to write freely with the S Pen. The fingerprint scanner is virtually flush with the back, and the Home button is embedded underneath the Infinity Display to stay invisible until you need it. It’s the beginning of a seamless experience.
The big screen for bigger things
The 18.5:9 aspect ratio was made for multitasking. With App Pair functionality, you can stop switching back-and-forth between apps. Now, you can launch two apps with a tap and use them side-by-side on the immersive Infinity Display.
View more, scroll less
Whether you’re going to your social media feed or writing a recipe in Samsung Notes, you see more and do more with less scrolling on the tall 18.5:9 display ratio.
Photos, clear and steady even in low light
Get crisp photos even when it’s dark and it’s difficult to keep your phone steady. The Galaxy Note8’s dual camera has a wide-angle camera that comes with the great low-light capabilities that you’ve come to expect from Galaxy phones. The dual camera supports 2x optical zoom so you get sharp photos or videos even from a distance, and both cameras have optical image stabilization so you get steady shots even when zoomed in.
Do more with the high-performing phone
Whether you’re downloading games or multitasking, it’s fast and seamless on the Galaxy Note8 because the high-performing 10nm mobile processor and 6GB RAM make things run smoothly. Plus, with wireless charging, power is on your side.
|NETWORK||Technology||GSM / HSPA / LTE|
|2G bands||GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)|
|3G bands||HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100|
|4G bands||LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 13(700), 17(700), 18(800), 19(800), 20(800), 25(1900), 26(850), 28(700), 32(1500), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500), 66(1700/2100)|
|Speed||HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (4CA) Cat16 1024/150 Mbps|
|Status||Available. Released 2017, September|
|BODY||Dimensions||162.5 x 74.8 x 8.6 mm (6.40 x 2.94 x 0.34 in)|
|Weight||195 g (6.88 oz)|
|Build||Front/back glass (Gorilla Glass 5), aluminum frame|
|SIM||Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)|
|– IP68 certified – dust/waterproofer 1.5 meter and 30 minutes
– Samsung Pay (Visa, MasterCard certified)
|DISPLAY||Type||Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors|
|Size||6.3 inches, 101.1 cm2 (~83.2% screen-to-body ratio)|
|Resolution||1440 x 2960 pixels, 18.5:9 ratio (~521 ppi density)|
|Protection||Corning Gorilla Glass 5|
|– HDR10 compliant
– 3D Touch (home button only)
– Always-on display
|PLATFORM||OS||Android 7.1.1 (Nougat)|
|Chipset||Exynos 8895 Octa – EMEA
Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835 – USA & China
|CPU||Octa-core (4×2.3 GHz & 4×1.7 GHz) – EMEA
Octa-core (4×2.35 GHz Kryo & 4×1.9 GHz Kryo) – USA & China
|GPU||Mali-G71 MP20 – EMEA
Adreno 540 – USA & China
|MEMORY||Card slot||microSD, up to 256 GB (uses SIM 2 slot) – dual SIM model only|
|Internal||64/128/256 GB, 6 GB RAM|
|CAMERA||Primary||Dual: 12 MP (f/1.7, 26mm, 1/2.55″, 1.4 µm, Dual Pixel PDAF) + 12MP (f/2.4, 52mm, 1/3.6″, 1 µm, AF), OIS, phase detection autofocus, 2x optical zoom, LED flash|
|Features||Geo-tagging, simultaneous 4K video and 9MP image recording, touch focus, face/smile detection, Auto HDR, panorama|
|Video||2160p@30fps, 1080p@60fps, 720p@240fps, HDR, dual-video rec.|
|Secondary||8 MP (f/1.7, 25mm, 1/3.6″, 1.22 µm), autofocus, 1440p@30fps, dual video call, Auto HDR|
|SOUND||Alert types||Vibration; MP3, WAV ringtones|
|– 32-bit/384kHz audio
– Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
|COMMS||WLAN||Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot|
|Bluetooth||5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX|
|GPS||Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO|
|USB||3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector|
|FEATURES||Sensors||Iris scanner, fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer, heart rate, SpO2|
|Messaging||SMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Mail, IM|
|– Samsung DeX (desktop experience support)
– Fast battery charging (Quick Charge 2.0)
– Qi/PMA wireless charging (market dependent)
– ANT+ support
– Bixby natural language commands and dictation
– MP4/DivX/XviD/H.265 player
– MP3/WAV/eAAC+/FLAC player
– Photo/video editor
– Document editor
|BATTERY||Non-removable Li-Ion 3300 mAh battery|
|Talk time||Up to 22 h (3G)|
|Music play||Up to 74 h|
|MISC||Colors||Midnight Black, Maple Gold, Orchid Gray, Deep Sea Blue, Star Pink (Taiwan only)|
|Price||About 1000 EUR|
|TESTS||Performance||Basemark OS II: 3374 / Basemark OS II 2.0: 3333
Basemark X: 40890
|Display||Contrast ratio: Infinite (nominal), 4.148(sunlight)|
|Camera||Photo / Video|
|Loudspeaker||Voice 67dB / Noise 69dB / Ring 71dB|
|Audio quality||Noise -92.5dB / Crosstalk -93.2dB|
Endurance rating 89h
Samsung Galaxy Note8 key features
- Body: Polished aluminum frame, Gorilla Glass 5 front and back; IP68 certified for water and dust resistance. Midnight Black, Orchid Grey, Deepsea Blue, Maple Gold color schemes.
- Display: 6.3″ Super AMOLED ‘Infinity Display’, 2,960x1440px resolution, 18.5:9 (2.06:1) aspect ratio, 522ppi; HDR 10 compliant (no Dolby Vision).
- Rear camera: Primary 12MP, Type 1/2.55″ sensor, f/1.7 aperture, 26mm equiv. focal length; Secondary 12MP, Type 1/3.4″ sensor, f/2.4 aperture, 52mm equiv. focal length; dual pixel phase detection autofocus and OIS on both; 2x zoom. 2160p/30fps video recording.
- Front camera: 8MP, f/1.7 aperture, autofocus; 1440p/30fps video recording.
- OS/Software: Android 7.1.1 Nougat; Samsung Grace UX; Bixby virtual assistant; Smart Connect, Smart Connect Home
- Chipsets: Qualcomm Snapdragon 835: octa-core CPU (4×2.35GHz Kryo 280 & 4×1.9GHz Kryo 280), Adreno 540 GPU. Exynos 8895: octa-core CPU (4x2nd-gen Mongoose 2.3GHz + 4xCortex-A53 1.7GHz), Mali-G71 GPU.
- Memory: 6GB of RAM; 64GB of storage; microSD slot for cards up to 256GB, UFS cards support.
- Battery: 3,300mAh Li-Po (sealed); Adaptive Fast Charging (same as S7/S8); QuickCharge 2.0 support; WPC (Qi)&PMA wireless charging.
- Connectivity: Single-SIM, Dual-SIM available in certain markets; LTE-A, 4-Band/5-Band carrier aggregation, Cat.16/13 (1Gbps/150Mbps); USB Type-C (v3.1); Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac MU-MIMO; GPS, Beidou, Galileo; NFC; Bluetooth 5.0.
- Misc: S-Pen stylus with 4096 pressure levels; fingerprint/iris/face recognition; single speaker on the bottom; 3.5mm jack; bundled AKG headphones; Dex dock compatibility allowing desktop use mode on a bigger screen.